It's All Basically the Same


Big Tex



Went to the Texas State Fair the other day and had a great time. The thing was so huge, I had no idea. I got to go there once for Fine Arts class when it was closed to look at the murals on the buildings, so it was neat to go back and see everything filled with people. We didn't do muesums or rides or anything, but we did chill with a lot of great food and look at some nice exhibits, the best of which were the two car show buildings.



The above is a picture of the new Camaro coming out soon. In looks it surpassed the Mustang and the Challenger, and I think for the price it's your best bet for a car like that. It was pretty fun to walk around and get in each of the cars to see how it feels. Barring excessive choices, the two cars I would put on my short list if I won the lottery or something would be the Hyundai Genesis and the Saab 9-3 sedans. Both had a ton of room and nice performance. Hyundai is pretty amazing, they give you so much car for the price and the Genesis has nearly 400hp, which makes it a good deal all around.



That's a picture of Karen looking confused in front of a butter sculpture. I think it's funny, but I don't know why, I think it's because she's secretly wondering why I would take a picture of a butter sculpture and there were lots of people around. Finally, the food there was a amazing. Had some corn dogs, chicken fried steak, and great root beer. I avoided the fried PB&J, ice cream, coke, snickers bars, and banana splits. It amazes me how many foods can be fried. Despite my aversion to the latter fried foods, my body still said "wtf?" on Sunday and I stayed on the couch watching sports most of the day. All in all, I'd do it again, and it was fun to go to the big fair.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Big Tex”

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam