It's All Basically the Same


Mushiness

Thst's a pretty fun word...mushiness. Anyway, I've been wanting to write a blog the past couple of days about Karen. The last few days have been really fun. Kare dug up some stuff from before we were dating and it has been really neat to look and think back on things and notice what has changed and what hasn't. One thing that hasn't changed was the way that I can act around Kare. I feel that I can always be myself around her, whether I'm sick or tired or hyper on caffeine or in a great mood, she is always a great friend. I'm very glad that I have another friend who cares about me and prays for me like Karen does, it really is a great support and joy. I am also very glad that I found a friend before I found a girlfriend. It was great getting to know Kare before we had any of the going out things going on. This may all seem kind of sappy, but I am very thankful to have a friend like you Kare. A friend who sticks to her values, who goes for what is right, who cares about others, who can make me laugh, and who I can be myself around and feel good about it. The list could go on and on as why I am thankful, but too much mushiness could cause severe liver damage for unaware readers, so I'll stop. But thanks again for everything you've done and continue to do Kare bear, and thank you so much for being a true and wonderful friend.

2 Responses to “Mushiness”

  1. # Blogger Karen

    Hey Dave -

    Thanks for that post. That means a lot. I'm so glad that I can be a friend to you, cause you've certainly been an awesome friend to me. I agree, I know I can really be myself around you, however I'm feeling. You've also been a good influence on me, catching me when I have a wrong attitude (though so subtley and gentley that I don't ever feel attacked) and reminding me to dwell on the good things. I'm also glad that we got to be friends long before we started going out, and I'm glad that we've only nurtured and developed that friendship as we've started dating. I treasure your friendship so much, thanks for sharing it with me.  

  2. # Blogger Karen

    forgot something: ;-)  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam