It's All Basically the Same


My Wife is Sweet

I woke up this morning to find a candy trail leading to my computer--I like candy. I think a trail of candy is probably one of the coolest ways to wake up ever, thanks to my wife Karen.

It's Valentine's Day. We have our British Literature presentation today on Evolution. In light of today's events and the numerous dates occuring tonight, I wrote a small sketch to contrast the victorian era with our world today. It is as follows:


Date 1: A modern date with a guy and a girl out for V-Day. Girl is an incessant talker while the guy politely nods and is only half satisfied at his efforts to find a mate.

Girl: So, did you like chapel today?
U: Yeah, I really like how Dr. Hummel incorporated the..
Girl: Urhg, I can’t stand Dr. Hummel, did you see that tie he had on?
U: Tie? Um, no I really didn’t get..
G: It was ugly, believe me. And he just seems so droll and boring, honestly, I don’t know how anyone can listen to him.
U: Well, he’s a pretty nice guy when you get to know..
G: Speaking of ties, did you see What Not to Wear Last Night? This poor man had pants that definatley did not complement his lower portions, and his ties…get this, he had a (color of tie Ludwhig has on) I mean who wears those anymore?
U: Well, haha, yeah, I don’t know... (Dave walks in as waiter) oh here, I’ll take the check….

Dave acts as narrator as actors freeze. Now the Victorian skit, Date 2.

Girl: So darling, how was your day at the factory?
U: Fine, as usual. I don’t have enough time to have anything go wrong.
Girl: I had a good day too, my friend and…
U: Can you believe this? (Points to newspaper) Apparently Morse just sent a telegraph across electrical signals…amazing what us men can do when we put our minds to it.
G: Oh, how very true darling.
U: I’m just glad my education allows me to have a family that can carry on my name. It wouldn’t be the same if I couldn’t have a son to carry on my legacy.
G: Oh yes, I cannot wait to be able to raise children for you. They’ll be so lovely darling, we should call the first child Michael if he’s a bo…
U: Yes, yes, later darling, the food has arrived (Enter Dave as waiter to end scene).

Anyway, hope all you all have a good V-Day today. And if not, then chocolate will be on sale tomorrow. I'm thinking that I may just set up a candy trail before I go to bed every night, just because it's a wonderful way to wake up. Make sure you take a hint from Karen though and don't put any candy in the bathroom or on the toilet, I'm guessing it would kill the buzz.

0 Responses to “My Wife is Sweet”

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam