It's All Basically the Same


Interesting Video/Small Political Vent

I agree with this video. The war has been tough, and it really wasn't properly managed until Petraeus and the troop surge, which is working fantastically well. Some parts of Iraq are safer than Chicago by far, meaning you have a better chance of getting killed in a big US city than Iraq.

I think that some people forget that A) what happened to our country was unprecedented in many ways, and our actions have prevented another attack on the US from happening again, whether you like the war or not. B) We forget that the Iraq we liberated lived in oppression, racial tension, violence, rape, and suppression. All of these things both Democrats and Republicans can agree are awful and evil. Did everything go perfectly, no. Did we find a solution that works now, yes. Is Al-Queda on the rocks now? I think they have been increasingly disorganized and live in fear.

It's fine that Obama took the popular party line and hated on Iraq, but there are men and women there doing good work, and the people there are far better off than they were 8 years ago. Bush has made mistakes, he's also had unprecedented challenges, but the war is not an overreaction, it wasn't for money, and it has liberated a nation. If you agree with it or not, you must not diminish the sacrifices of those men by leaving the job unfinished and treating the whole thing as an "evil Republican mistake." As I recall most of American wanted something done after 9/11, and it has been.

All I know is that if I had a choice between Bush and Jimmy Carter, It'd be Bush; we have had many worse presidents (Hoover, FDR, even though WWII gets him off the hook). John McCain is not George Bush, and in fact I think Barry is closer to a Jimmy Carter, I've read history and I don't want that again. Whoever wins, they'll have a lot to do, and my understanding of economic principles, history, law, and morals leads me undoubtedly to John McCain. I am not racist, dumb, or a bad person, and I'm voting McCain. There's things I don't like about both, and I'm not the guy who lets politics make walls that stop normal human interaction. I in fact hate that attitude which many people on both sides have. Politics are important, but it shouldn't bring forth hate like the Daily Kos or prevent people from working together or living together in the everyday world.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Interesting Video/Small Political Vent”

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam