It's All Basically the Same


To be a Better Person

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the blessings that God has put in my life. Sometimes things get hard or a lot of work comes up, but I never have anything legitimate to complain about. God has given me some great experiences and relationships which I will always treasure. However, when I look at my little life and think about all the things that have been given to me, I can't help feeling that I missed something along the way; that somehow I should be "better". Now in reality...this is stupid. It's good that I know that, but I just wanted to tell you why: because I do the best I can to live my life for the Lord. Now granted, by best isn't really good a lot of times, in fact my best is often pretty shoddy. However, I do not hold any regrets if I make the most of my days. Some days I may have a learning experience and fall flat on my face after making a huge mistake. Other days I may feel really good about what I do and how I act. But everyday, whether good or bad, I wake up and give the day to God. I need work, I'll probably always work, but that doesn't stop God from using me and allowing me to grow at the same time. Paraphrasing C.S. Lewis again, he said something along the lines of It is God's will to make us nothing less than perfect. He will someday, and while we spend our time here on earth, He is helping us along the way. He only accepts perfection, and thankfully it is the perfection that comes from Him, I sure know I wouldn't even want to try doing it alone now. I use what I have been given and follow these rules. God is making me a better person even thought it's painful sometimes and arduous. However, feeling like I haven't lived up to anything does nothing in the end for what really matters. I'll live up to a higher standard, and that is doing my best to follow Christ, giving it my all when I only have a little to give.

1 Responses to “To be a Better Person”

  1. # Blogger Karen

    Dave, you never cease to move me with your insights. The more I get to know you, the more I respect you. You may doubt yourself sometimes, but you're right, you live for God. It's very evident in your life. The way you live has been such an encouragement to me. Thanks for being such a good friend, and thanks for living your life in such a godly way.  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam