It's All Basically the Same


No Dark Sarcasm in the Classrooms

I'm trying to get into an honors seminar next semester. I'm not in honors, so I do not know how my request will be handled due to that snag. Nonetheless I am excited, because I've determined that the school really can't stop me from going to the class. Well, they can tell me I can't take it, but on the other hand, I'm a fairly meaty guy and I do not think it will be that easy to move me. I think we can coexist though, the honors group and myself. I will sit in the back and not talk, and they will give me a chance to hear lecture on Emerging Church. Emerging Church will cover Brian Mclaren's predecessors and others who have written on religion in a pluralistic society. Moose has gotten me hooked on McLaren's speeches, and I will start reading his books in the near future. It is a great course that covers a topic I love, and by-golly, I'm going to get an education despite what anyone else tells me. Even so, I e-mailed Dr. C to see if I can do it the normal way, like with papers and signatures and all. Dr. C is a cool guy so I hope things can turn out...stay tuned for the continuing Saga of Slope meets discrimination and intolerance!

8 Responses to “No Dark Sarcasm in the Classrooms”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hi Slope! glad to find you.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Chirp is "glad to find you" because he is a hitman for the honor's program...

    ;)  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    i'm really really suprised that letourneau is addressing the emerging church. really suprised. i'm glad to hear that i got you "hooked" on it. when you go, you think you could record audio of the lecture? i'd love to hear them, and it would be a very "postmodern" thing todo. you could even podcast it...

    ...let me know if you could record it, i'm seriously interested, or at least interested in the subject matter.

    also, the subject of the "emerging church" shouldn't be discussed in an honors seminar, but should rather be addressed in chapel or something...for the masses, not a select few. good day now!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I recently reviewed McLaren's book "The Last Word, and The Word After That" for a magazine. Happy to give it to you if you'd like it. Might have two other McLaren books laying around the house and you could have those too, if you want. Just let me know.  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Whoa! Are you THE Tim Baker? Get out of town! But no seriously those would be fun to look at, I'll catch you sometime Mr. Baker. And thanks for posting!  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Heck yes! Bring down those walls of tyranny and presumption, bring more cool classes to the masses, yo.  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm all for it.  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    dude, the company i used to work for (an for whom my mom still works) is real big on understanding and helping the emerging church. My mom and the marketing lady go to a conference every year called Catalyst. It's a huge conference about music/ministry/etc... to try to get the modern, non-Christians into church. It's really cool and interesting. i could get you more info on that if you're really interested.  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam