It's All Basically the Same


Lucky Dog

Officially Spence's dog, Brody, is the lucky dog because he gets to spend his existence romping around the creek chasing sticks. However, I did win a cruise to Grand Bahama Island yesterday. It seems that my mom entered me in some drawing at a Perkins in Florida while she was visiting my grandma. Anyway, it's a free six-hour cruise to Freeport. This is actually where I went my freshman year. It's a nice place, but only if you spend tons of cash to stay at the cool touristy area. The hotel I won (for two coincidently) is near the tourist area, but it is essentially a piece of garbage. The Bahamas is a very scary country if you're not in the right place. So the long and the short of it is that I am going to give it to my aunt or uncle in Florida, because they would only have to pay the 300 some odd dollars in port fees and taxes and not the air fare that I would have to pay to get there.

So anyway, it would have been sweet if it was some huge thing, but it's not. I did finally get honeymoon deals hatched out though. We're going to South Padre Island for a week. The winter Texans retire and buy sweet condos on the beach, and in the summer rent them out to people like me for reasonable prices. So I'm looking forward to an awesome time on a sweet Texas beach!


4 Responses to “Lucky Dog”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I think if my mom heard you might go back, she'd have a heart attack. But at least this time you would have an idea of where you were going. :-)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Bungee's Mom Rules!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    your mom didn't have anything to worry about...did she?  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Slope was in the capable hands of Aduma, who is a Bahamas EXPERT. She had no reason to fret.

    If Brody is the lucky dog, then if he puts his paws on you and gets your jacket dirty, does that mean your jacket has lucky dirt?  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam