It's All Basically the Same


Landed

I'm back in upstate New York, and have hit up a good part of Christmas break amusements already. I got to sleep, hang out with friends, watch King Kong (which was pretty much Peter Jackson saying, "Yes, I still am better than you, and on top of that, I lost weight...loser" go see it, and watch for the part where Kong jacks the t-rex by shoving his upper jaw down his troat; it's good stuff) and I also was able to avoid my grandparents and head out for some skiing instead. It was a great day in a lot of ways and a wonderful start to the break; complete with a bemused deer standing in the road on my way back from the mountain...I love high beams. Hope all of you are also able to avoid woodland creatures and have a great break as well, Merry X-Mas all!

6 Responses to “Landed”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    So it looks like you made it home OK. After reading schmorgy's last entry, I thought you guys might be moving-in to Atlanta.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I actually hit up Holiday Valley on Sunday. You didn't happen to go there too, did you? It turns out that I can actually ski just fine, though I did have an admirable wipeout on Cindy's Run. (I still haven't figured out how much speed I can safely bleed off. Apparently not as much as I had. My friend said it was "the most out of control thing ever," but I felt alot more in control than I did mountain biking Devil's Back.)

    I'm still not black diamond material, unfortunately. All in time (and money), I suppose.

    It snowed here today.  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Dude, yes, Kong was the bomb. And jacking the T-Rex was the best part ever. Like you said, it felt very much like a Peter Jackson film, which is fine, I mean, who would've thought you could get so emotionally attached to a 25-foot monkey. But, alas, I admit I chuckled as he fell from the Empire State Building. I mean, come on, build all the drama you want, there's just something unstoppably funny about a falling monkey.  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    FALLING MONKEY!  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Haha, yeah, the falling monkey thing is pretty dang funny no matter how much you slice it.

    I'm glad you can ski spork, we should hook up sometime and ski. I'm sorry I couldn't see you crash on Cindy's Run, it would have warmed my heart. That is a good size hill too; sounds like you're moving along quickly.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    you skiers are silly!  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam