It's All Basically the Same


Refresher Course

I feel pretty fresh, as fresh as a gent could feel I would rightly say. However, just in case I had a cold or was feeling a little over-excited about being at school again, IMPACT has a busy and dare I say tedious schedule planned out for us this weekend. Tonight, however, I find myself feeling quite refreshed, and would not risk adding more refreshment, considering a double dose may risk the tranquility of my current state of refreshment. All of this being said, Spork and I made it back to Longview today, feeling quite refreshed and on the whole more than marginally beefed up from the holiday meals.

The day started in the realm of some God-foresaken hour of the morning; an hour which all things pure and good seem to melt of the face of the earth in the wake of one's blurry vision and inactive salivary glands. Despite this, there was a general excitment on my behalf as we took of into the clouds. For you see, when you take off into the clouds, you will at some point move above them. And when you move above the clouds, one sees the sun. The sun that has only shown for a single minute within the last two weeks over Western New York; thus causing a new record for the least amount of sunlight, as well as making the existence of winter seem all the more dreadful.

It is days like today that I really enjoy Texas. We passed above the clouds, and I had a sudden yearning to belt out the misled words of Tim Delaughter as the sun hit my face. I spent the remainder of my flight curled up next to the window, basking in the sun that I have not seen in so very long, what with the New York record and all. As I said, it is days like today that I really enjoy Texas. Sun all around, a sky of blue as far as the eye could see, not a single cloud, and the most refreshing and uplifting temperature of 60 degrees. It is indeed good to be back, if not for the weather itself and the distinct lack of the color gray that I promptly put into notice as I stepped out of the airport. Here's to the sun, here's to Texas, here's to not being a cove stuck up in New York, and here's to the true appreciation that Texas deserves in comparison with the winter.

9 Responses to “Refresher Course”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Good weather? Is that all Texas has to offer you? Hmmm? ;-)  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm thinking that "refreshment" is code for something...  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    When refreshment coms in doses, refreshment = kava  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Kava! Kava! Give me some sweet sweet Kava!  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I've heard it's quite bitter, actually. Just the same...  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hooray for Texas!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hooray for the Bunge-master!  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hooray for fiance's comments being ingored! ;-P  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hoory for washington!

    it is raining today, it rained yesterday, and it will rain tomorrow, and no, there is no sarcasm here.  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam