It's All Basically the Same


Turkey Day

So, I have two pet peeves about Thanksgiving, and these are in fact more just personal preferences.

One, I love my Turkey brined. If it isn't, I'll still eat it, but I'll get the same look on my face that I do when I drink a Coors and I start thinking about Guinness from the tap. Nothing beats a brine for a Turkey, it really is the perfect way to cook the bird, and by golly it's the only way to go. It keeps the meat juicy and tender, adds a ton of flavor, and let's you cook the bird thoroughly without it getting dry.

That's one, two:

Tryptophan! It's in Turkey, and most people think it makes you all sleepy and lazy on Thanksgiving Day, but it does not. Swiss cheese, a Big Mac, and Pork all contain significantly larger amounts of Tryptophan than Turkey. In fact, Tryptophan is present in all kinds of meat, not just Turkey. Many feel sleepy on Thanksgiving Day because they eat such a large meal, and this directs blood to the GI system, making them feel sluggish and drowsy. So, let's not do the Tryptophan trend. Saying it's the Tryptophan is like saying cookies taste good because flour is in them...it just doesn't add up.

Anyway, thought I'd put those down. Happy Thanksgiving All!

For more, click here

Labels:

0 Responses to “Turkey Day”

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam