It's All Basically the Same


End of Semester

So it's that time of year again when everyone starts packing up and getting ready to head off for the summer or their life's work. I would have to say that this last semester has been my best one at school in many ways, although despite some amazing things that happened, I was still able to learn a lot from mistakes. First to start with the goods things. For those of you who talked with me in the last 3 months 2 weeks 6 days and 1+1/2 hours, you know that I have been dating a wonderful girl named Karen Waitz. For those of you who haven't talked to me...I've been dating this amazing and wonderful girl named Karen Waitz. So now that everyone's on the same page, I would like to say that a large part of my semester being so good was due to Karen. She is great friend who cares for me and is always there to talk, play games, and randomly leave town, or just there for me to be myself around her. I have learned so very much about what true friendship is from Karen and look forward to growing and learning more with her.

Some other individuals who have taught me a lot reside on my floor. I have had a great privilege to be a leader and friend to many of the guys here on 41. I wish that there were less papers, meetings, and tests here at school so I could get to know some people better than I have. However, this year has allowed me to get to know some of the friends I had coming in better as well as make and meet some new ones.

Not everything was done right this semester on my part, and I do have some regrets that involve mainly around me just not getting with it or being too busy. I was sometimes too busy for my girlfriend, my floor, my friends, my family, but most disappointing of all, for my God. When things come to push and shove something gets sacrificed, and I let too often that something be God. When I look back on the semester and see how blessed my life has been, it is sad to note that I missed out on a lot of things with the Lord. Exegesis papers are not devotions, Greek translations do not count as quiet time, and going to a Christian school with Chapel does not make up for fellowship with other believers that I need. Well things will be different this summer considering where I’ll be working; yet I still feel I need to work on this area for next semester.

Overall, I’ve changed a bit more this semester. I’ve grown up more, learned more, gained more, and understood more over the last four months. It still amazes me how much things change and how long time seems to pass by while I am here at school. This really is a unique place, and I love learning the things I learn both in and out of the classroom here. God has plans for me all for all of you out there, but sometimes I wonder what he set up for little inconsistent and cracked thing like me. I have no doubt that He is with me and will use all of my experiences to benefit His kingdom and fulfill the plan He has for me. And with the peace that I have, I now leave you. God Bless, on to the next semester.

1 Responses to “End of Semester”

  1. # Blogger Karen

    Dave, it's been a great semester for me too, and I know you've been a big reason for that. You are so much fun to hang out with, and an awesome friend. Thanks :-)  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam