It's All Basically the Same


One Man Show

It's a beautiful day! I have had an amazing time the last few days because Karen came up from San Antonio to surprise me, it was so wonderful. Even when we are away from each other, we still grow in our relationship and have the most amazing time doing it. Kare had been three weeks away from me, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it very much was. It was so wonderful to have her back with me and again and it helped me realize again just how wonderful being in a relationship with a girl like Karen is. Everyday is so wonderful, and I am so very blessed and thankful for who God has put in my life, and for the way that our relationship has grown. More mushy details to come on a later blog...

On top of that, the last few weeks have gone really well for me at work. I'm getting to know the youths alright, and we had a lot of fun on a retreat last weekend. I got to shoot the little ones off this blob thing into the water, somehow it's really satisfying to knock little people into the water even when they know it's coming. Well, I guess it's always satisfying to knock someone of any age into the water, but still. I got to run the Wednesday night program this week since our Youth Leader was involved in a wedding for a friend. The whole thing went really well, and was a great experience. Fellowship Baptist has a lot of great people, especially on staff, that make working there a whole lot of fun on top of teaching me some great things.

Although it really would be nice to be home, I'm very happy with everything that has happened this summer. I'm at a great place where I learn a lot and have fun, and I get to see Karen at least 3 more times before school starts; I really am blessed for how things have worked out. And in less than a week, I get to see Karen again, along with an insanely good Spree show!!



A nice religiously toned way to describe a show...

4 Responses to “One Man Show”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Why oh why could The Spree not have moved their concert a little bit later so it could coincide with my being in Texas for the Phoenix Project? I'm very jelous of y'all... Any idea if there will be a concert during the school year?  

  2. # Blogger Karen

    Dave, you're amazing. Thanks for being the most wonderful friend ever. ;-) I love you.  

  3. # Blogger d.t.blaser

    Actually Fjord, they're doing some R and R until the Spring probably, which is what the article I got the quote from was talking about. Sorry Fjord, but someday...someday soon.  

  4. # Blogger Luddie

    Spreeeeeeeeeeee  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam