It's All Basically the Same


I'm No Movie Star

When walking to financial aid today, a random high school aged girl asked me if I was Spork. Not only did she ask this strange question, but she addressed me as "sir". There is a high school camp going on here so I look older, but still, "sir"? It must be that I haven't shaven in a few days or something. That's the first time I've been called "sir", and actually, it's not so bad...kind of thrilling the first time. I guess it looses it's luster when one hits a certain age. Anyway, back to the question she posed about Spork's identity. I thought for a moment about what would spurn this on, and why on earth someone would confuse me for a C.S. major who looks almost nothing like me, save for the hair color and occasional (mine is not so occasional) Rochester accent. "No," came my reply, "I am not Spork, but he is my friend." At this her eyes lighted up, and I wondered if Spork had a fan club that spanned farther than I could ever imagine, with girls all around America filling high schools and concession stands with his picture. But sadly, this girl was no Sporketeer. She went on to explain that she was the sister of Courtney Cox, which was quite a coincidence. Anyway, what brought forth her question about Spork was computer problem of all things, which as some know Spork just thrives on. So I really don't know what anyone can draw from this aside the facts that I must be getting older, and more importantly, that the fame of Spork is spreading across the nation at an alarming rate. But at least now there is someone to head up the Sporketeer fan club.

6 Responses to “I'm No Movie Star”

  1. # Blogger Karen

    Awww, baby faced Dave is growing up... how cute ;-)  

  2. # Blogger Luddie

    Can I be Spork's vice president? Sporketeers... it's the most awesome name evar... Sir Dave. :D  

  3. # Blogger Luddie

    And I had no idea you had a blog? I'm so adding you to my list ;)  

  4. # Blogger Courtney

    Wow. That's my sister!  

  5. # Blogger d.t.blaser

    Haha, yeah Ludwhig, you can be vice president. I think the only downside of the job is mailing out the weekly newsletter, Inside Spork, but other than that, it's not a bad gig.

    Thanks for adding me to your list peeps :-)  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This comes up when you google "Spork LeTourneau"...  

Post a Comment



Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam